Coral Gables City Hall, and other services departments, will be closed on Monday, January 15 in observance of Martin Luther King Jr. Day, a national holiday to honor the birthday of the slain civil rights leader. A Baptist minister and recipient of the Nobel Peace Prize, King advocated nonviolence while leading the Civil Rights Movement during the 1950s and 1960s and famously articulated a vision of America wherein every citizen truly had equal rights.
• Garbage, trash, and recycling services will not be affected.
• Trolley Service will be operating regular hours from 6:30 a.m. until 8 p.m.
• War Memorial Youth Center will be open for regular hours.
• Salvadore Park Tennis Center and Kerdyk Tennis Center will be open for regular hours from 7 a.m. until 9 p.m.
The following facilities and services will also be closed:
• Passport Office at 4520 Ponce de Leon Blvd.
• Adult Activity Center at 2 Andalusia Avenue.